Customer Centric Chemical Management
One of the biggest trends in commercial retail is the growing emphasis on chemical safety. The movement is twofold. Government agencies like OSHA and the EPA are calling on businesses to be more proactive in their protection of employees, the community, and the environment, while those same businesses are in turn calling on vendors and suppliers to deliver safer, more sustainable product lines that are free of a growing list of hazardous chemicals. It’s not just about safety compliance. It’s about good business. Consumers are demanding toxic-free products and environments for employees, and spending their dollars with companies that show the appropriate concern for their employees and the environment.
For everyone in the retail supply chain, including big box retailers, tracking chemicals (at the ingredient level) and providing critical right to know information to employees in the form of safety data sheets and properly labeled containers is the just the beginning. MSDSonline solutions can help shore up routine compliance tasks related to hazardous chemicals, while at the same time providing a roadmap to a sustainable future.
"Excellent service and loved by all employees."
Richard Deslauriers, Premier Equipment
Large retailers, in addition to selling products that contain hazardous chemicals, often also employ hazardous chemicals in their day-to-day operations. Common chemicals with significant health and physical hazards to which retail employees may be exposed include:
- Bleach and other cleaners
- Plumbing materials
- Pool supplies
The MSDSonline HQ and HQ RegXR Accounts from VelocityEHSmake it easy for retailers to safeguard employees and customers by providing critical safety information when and where they need it. Our solutions include:
- SDS Management
- Search MSDSonline database
- Assign and manage products to multi-level locations
- Deploy SDSs to achieve right-to-know requirements
- Chemical Inventory Management
- Track chemicals and ingredients
- Generate and print labels and barcodes
- Access mobile chemical management tools
- Access workflow controls; flag and manage banned chemicals
- Environmental & Regulatory Reporting
- Cross reference chemicals against local, state, federal, and international lists
- Access EPCRA Section 302 EHS list, and DHS List of Chemicals of Concern flagging and threshold reporting functions
- Environmental, Health & Safety Training
- Schedule, manage, and track Web-based training modules with content ranging from GHS and HazCom to lockout/tag out; from slips and falls to ergonomics
- Access nearly 100 courses covering a full range of EH&S issues
The MSDSonline GM Account is perfect for small retailers with only a handful of chemicals and a small pool of employees looking for easy access to the leading database of safety data sheets, searchable by company, product name, CAS #; etc.
Your database is fantastic and the overall system makes MSDS administration easy!Donny Shubert Dallas Zoo Management, Inc.
Changed to your system from a different product. I have been extremely happy with that decision. The ease of use for myself and my employees has made this very easy to roll out. I look forward to being able to use your system with the training for the GHS training coming up.Shely Albino Amphenol Times Microwave Systems
Excellent service and loved by all employeesRichard Deslauriers Premier Equipment