Giving Chemicals the Care they Deserve
Managing hazardous chemicals is a constant challenge for workers in hospitals, physicians offices, clinics, pharmacies and other healthcare facilities. That's because, in addition to more common hazardous chemicals like cleaning products, a many pharmaceuticals and other medical supplies are also classified as hazardous substances under GHS-aligned hazard communication regulations like OSHA HazCom, WHMIS and CLP.
Chemical safety in the healthcare industry is made even more challenging by standards including USP <800> which establish additional requirements for safe handling and storage of pharmaceuticals. Many healthcare facilities also need to maintain accreditation with organizations like The Joint Commission (TJC), placing further pressure on healthcare providers to meet stringent industry standards and best practices.
Meeting these challenges takes a partner who understands chemical management in the healthcare industry, and MSDSonline solutions are already trusted by thousands of hospitals and healthcare facilities across North America to help them manage hazard communication and workplace chemical safety.
“The versatility and ease of use makes this a very strong product.”
Dave Chapman, Brooks Health System
In a typical healthcare environment, there are a number of hazardous chemical concerns, including:
- Hazardous Drugs (HDs)
- Laboratory Reagents & Media
- Compressed Gasses
- Disinfectants & Sterilants
- Cryogenic Fluids
- Cleaning Products
- Construction & Maintenance Materials
- Pest Control
For large hospitals and multi-location provider networks, it is not uncommon for the number of chemicals to reach into the thousands. This creates a major pain-point, as safety directors frequently need to view chemical inventory and hazard information across the facility, and provide rapid access to safety data sheets (SDSs) to employees at the department level.
The MSDSonline HQ and HQ RegXR Accounts from VelocityEHS help healthcare providers meet hazard communication and chemical safety requirements under standards including OSHA HazCom, Health Canada's WHMIS, EU CLP and USP <800>.
SDS and Chemical Inventory Management
- Search and access a database of more than 14 million safety data sheets
- Instantly deploy SDSs to workers for effortless right-to-know compliance
- View and control your chemical inventory down to the individual container level
- Assign containers to a multi-level location structure (e.g., facility, department, floor, unit, storage room, etc.), then map them onto a virtual floorplan of your facility
- Access workflow controls to automatically flag and manage banned or restricted chemicals
- Quickly generate and print custom container labels and barcodes
- Manage your SDSs and chemical inventory through your mobile device with our SDS / Chemical Management Mobile App
Environmental & Regulatory Reporting
- Cross reference chemicals against more than 70 local, state, federal, and international restricted chemical lists
- Simplify EPCRA Tier II reporting with automated threshold detection and reporting features
- Instantly identify NIOSH List of Antineoplastic and Other Hazardous Drugs in Healthcare Settings present in your facility to simplify USP <800> compliance
- Give workers access to nearly 100 expert-designed On-Demand Training courses covering a full range of EHS topics including GHS/HazCom, toxicology, bloodborne pathogens, laboratory safety & ergonomics
- Schedule, manage, and track instructor-led, e-learning and blended learning activities from a single Learning Management System (LMS) interface
Very helpful. The online tools provided by MSDSonline: 1) save me time, 2) save me effort, 3) keep me in compliance, 4) provide a seamless transition [to GHS], 5) provide seamless updating, and 6) contain seamless education capabilities.Raymond Moore Wagoner Community Hospital
I love the software, it is easy to manage and updates automatically. I have no worries...great program.Jennifer Yazzie Fort Defiance Indian Hospital
Has been the best purchase that we have made. Could not ask for a more user friendly system.Key Britt Greenwood Leflore Hospital
I used to manually ‘try’ to keep up with the new MSDS updates but that was a never ending task. As a matter of fact, I could have spent my entire 40 hr work week on it and probably still not have my MSDS’s up to par. What a wonderful service you offer. No more sheet protectors, messed up indexes, no more messed up manual altogether (employees or public) removing them and not putting them back in the proper order (or not putting them back at all). The list goes on. I could go on and on. To make a long story short, 40 hrs per week to maybe 5 minutes a week on MSDS’s.Valerie Centi Fulton County Medical Center
The versatility and ease of use makes this a very strong product.Dave Chapman Brooks Health System
Professional and knowledgeable staff. Millions of MSDS already in database.Louisiana Based Healthcare System
It is a very fast and effective way to find what you are looking for, or to update any msds sheets that need updating. If I have question I would just call, but it is so easy to maneuver through and find whatever it is you are looking for. I am very pleased with this service! Thank you!Three Year Customer North Texas Hospital
I like the user friendliness of the system. It is very easy to show staff how to access the system.Sherry Richardson Baptist Hospital of Southeast Texas
I have recommended your services many times!Ken Pankow Prairie du Chien Memorial Hospital
One of the best decisions we have made!Linda Brockwell Wickenburg Regional Medical Center