Five-Star Chemical Management
Food service businesses are responsible for protecting their employees and customers from harmful chemicals, and ensuring that the food and drink they serve is contaminant-free. Hotels and hotel-casinos often manage massive meeting and convention spaces—not to mention hundreds or even thousands of individual hotel rooms—that must be cleaned and disinfected daily to keep guests safe.
All this can be challenging because the same chemicals that keep restaurants, bars, hotels, casino-hotels, and resorts sanitary, pest-free, and looking good often pose serious potential health hazards. These chemicals can cause everything from burns to eye irritations to serious respiratory harm and are often combustible if not properly stored. Communicating potential onsite chemical hazards to employees, customers, and guests is vital, and so is maintaining up-to-date GHS formatted safety data sheet documentation for all onsite chemicals.
MSDSonline is here to help!
Whether it’s training staff on the proper handling of hazardous cleaning chemicals or ensuring all employees have timely access to required safety information, our suite of cloud-based solutions can help your business keep current on all evolving compliance standards, including the OSHA-required adoption of new GHS-compliant labeling. Our solutions reduce risks, improve efficiencies and drive compliance for food service and accommodation businesses across the spectrum—especially those maintaining large facilities and/or spread across multiple locations. We help keep employees safe and companies compliant, no matter the situation or the scale!
“We went through an OSHA audit and had no problems at all.”
Safety Manager, Fortune 500 Company
A wide variety of chemicals are used in food service and accommodation workplaces, including cleaners, maintenance compounds, and food preparation ingredients. Commonly used chemicals include:
- Acetic Acid
- Calcium Carbonate
- Caulks and Sealants
- Cleaning Supplies
- Degreasers and Surfactants
- Dry Ice
- Hydrochloric Acid
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Magnesium Silicate and Sulfate
- Oven Cleaners
- Potassium Chloride
- Potassium Hydroxide
- Sodium Hydroxide
- Sodium Perborate
The MSDSonline HQ and HQ RegXR Accounts from VelocityEHS provide powerful, integrated safety and compliance solutions meeting the needs of the food service and accommodation industries. Features include:
- SDS Management
- Search the MSDSonline database
- Assign and manage products to multi-level locations
- Deploy SDSs to achieve right-to-know requirements
- Chemical Inventory Management
- Track chemicals and ingredients
- Generate and print labels and barcodes
- Take advantage of mobile-enabled chemical management functionality
- Utilize workflow controls; flag and manage banned chemicals
- Environmental & Regulatory Reporting
- Cross-reference chemicals against local, state, federal, and international lists
- Identify, flag and report on chemicals that exceed various regulatory reporting thresholds, such as the EPCRA Section 302 Extremely Hazardous Substance list
- Environmental, Health & Safety Training
- Schedule, manage, and track Web-based training content
- Access nearly 100 courses covering a full range of EH&S issues
- Choose from the expansive menu of MSDSonline course offerings or upload company-specific content
Small, single-location food service and accommodation businesses with minimal electronic storage requirements and employee access needs may also wish to consider the MSDSonline GM Account.
Your database is fantastic and the overall system makes MSDS administration easy!Donny Shubert Dallas Zoo Management, Inc.
Great product.Martha Myers Columbus Regional Hospital
First class operation and very user friendly.Mitch Davis Deerfield Episcopal Retirement Community