Centralize HazCom Compliance
Manage GHS / Hazard Communication Compliance Across Your Organization
It’s estimated that over 5 million facilities in North America alone handle chemical materials. In the United States, OSHA reports that more than 43 million American workers are exposed to hazardous chemicals each year. Of course, what matters most to you is ensuring the safety of your workforce. How do you do it?
As an EH&S professional, you have a lot of responsibilities. Inventorying chemicals, obtaining and ensuring your employees have access to safety data sheets, training employees and keeping up-to-date with rapidly-changing regulatory requirements (like GHS and WHMIS) are just a few of the tasks on your plate.
Our HQ Account is designed to make your life easier and your workplace safer. Depended upon by thousands of companies, from healthcare to manufacturing and construction to education, it’s ideal for single- or multi-facility businesses that are looking for a more efficient, cost-effective way to manage chemical hazards and simplify compliance requirements. Plus, it's mobile-enabled to help you and your workforce access critical chemical inventory and safety information anytime, anywhere and on any device.
As the name suggests, our HQ Account gives you everything you need to centralize Hazard Communication compliance across your entire organization, so you get time back for other critical tasks on your safety to-do list.
Safety Data Sheet Compliance
The HQ Account combines access to our industry-leading database of manufacturer-original safety data sheets with easy-to-use management and company wide safety data sheet deployment tools to give you a better way to manage your company’s chemical inventory and ensure compliance with global hazard communication requirements.
The HQ Account is a cloud-based system that works seamlessly across multiple PC, laptop and mobile device platforms, so you and your employees always have access to critical chemical safety information, no matter where you are. With our SDS / Chemical Management mobile app, you can even save safety data sheets and product details to mobile devices for offline use.
And if you're looking for a tool to help manage the influx of GHS-styled safety data sheets arriving in workplaces across North America thanks to OSHA and Health Canada's adoption of GHS, then the MSDSonline HQ Account is the right tool for the job. Document Auto-Update and SDS flagging features in the account make it easy to stay on top of compliance, and if you're still managing a mixed inventory of MSDSs and SDSs, this includes streamlining your company's transition to GHS.
Chemical Inventory Management
Robust chemical inventory tools, including barcoding, help you track, manage and properly label the chemicals in your site-specific inventories – down to the storage location and container level to simplify Tier II and other compliance reporting. For added convenience, our SDS / Chemical Management mobile app provides a quick and easy way to locate and manage the contents of chemical containers in your workplace.
At the same time, our mapping feature gives you a visual representation of your workplace chemical footprint. The convenient drag and drop controls allow you to instantly identify, move and manage your chemical inventory on an image map of your facility. Plus, our Plan1 First Responder Share Service, lets you easily share these maps, along with other potentially lifesaving chemical information, with your first responders.
Imagine having the real-time status of every chemical hazard throughout your organization. Our built-in chemical approval and notification workflow puts you in better control over what chemicals are accepted or banned from your environment. Now everyone's on the same page, even if they're working in different time zones.
The HQ Account comes with an easy-to-use Web interface to ensure your employees have immediate, right-to-know access to your company-specific library of safety data sheets (SDSs), secondary container labels, and other vital safety information.
For a virtual view of your enterprise’s entire chemical footprint, the system lets you easily assign and manage chemical products to a customizable multi-level location structure that mirrors your physical location hierarchy.
GHS alignment in the United States and Canada will necessitate the reclassification of chemicals. Your job as the employer is to assure that employees are trained on any newly identified hazards and that they have direct access to hazard information on the safety data sheets.
Knowing what chemicals you have, where they are, and how to properly handle them goes a long way toward ensuring a safe, productive work environment.
- Millions of SDSs / MSDSs at Your Fingertips – 24/7 access to the industry’s leading database of safety data sheets ensures your company’s SDS / MSDS library is complete, up-to-date and in compliance.
- Simplify Compliance – Easy-to-use tools help you meet key requirements of hazard communication (OSHA / WHMIS / GHS) including, hazard determination, Right-to-Know access, labeling, safe chemical handling, PPE and more.
- Mobile Access – Our online accounts are mobile optimized, and our SDS / Chemical Management mobile app— available for free download on the App Store® and Google Play™— makes it possible to access SDSs and chemical inventory information offline, when internet connectivity is limited. With these mobile capabilities, critical chemical safety information is always at your fingertips.
- Enhanced Chemical Management – Robust chemical management tools, including our chemical mapping feature, give you greater container-level control over the location, status and risks associated with chemical products in your facility. Plus, the SDS / Chemical Management app makes it possible to quickly scan container barcodes, QR codes and UPC codes to retrieve and manage container and other chemical inventory information from the field.
- Regulatory Compliant – Multiple back-up options means your system meets OSHA, WHMIS and other regulatory requirements for electronic safety data sheet / chemical management.
- Quick ROI & Low Cost of Ownership – All of our Chemical Management accounts pay for themselves by eliminating time-consuming, manual administrative tasks; plus, there’s no software to install or maintain and you get immediate access to new features and enhancements.
SDS / MSDS Management
- Search the MSDSonline Database (Unlimited)
- Open, View & Print SDSs / MSDSs (Unlimited)
- Save SDSs / MSDSs to Secure eBinder (Unlimited)
- Upload Local SDS / MSDS Files to eBinder (Max 300*)
- Request Missing SDSs / MSDSs (Max 150*)
- Auto-Update New Versions
- Mobile-Enabled Functionality
- Assign & Manage Products to Multi-Level (Customizable) Locations
- Assign Products to Custom Groups
- Access MSDSonline Master Chemical List (for Ingredient Indexing)
- SDS / MSDS Indexing Modules (i.e. PPE, Health Hazards, Physical Hazards, etc.)
- Generate Product Summary Sheets
- Generate & Print Standard & Custom Container (OSHA, WHMIS, GHS) Labels
- Generate Exportable Reports
- Batch Print SDSs / MSDSs
- SDS / MSDS Library Backup (PC, CD, DVD, Flash Drive, etc.)
- Employee Right-to-Know SDS / MSDS Search Interface (Multi-Language)
- Employee Access to MSDSonline Database
Chemical Inventory Management
- Multi-Level Location Tracking
- Detailed Container Tracking / Unit of Measure Conversion
- Chemical Inventory Mapping
- Company Container Reconciliation Reporting
- Generate & Print Barcodes
- SDS / Chemical Management Mobile Application – Download on the App Store® and Google Play™
- Flag & Manage Banned Chemicals
- Advanced Material Approval Routing
- Configurable Email Notifications
- Unit of Measure Conversion & Calculation of Chemical Quantities
- Automated Cross Reference of EH&S Chemicals/Flagging Exceeded Thresholds
- Generate Submittable Tier II Form
- Generate EPCRA TRI (Toxic Release Inventory) Form R Worksheet
Environmental & Regulatory Reporting
- DHS List of Chemicals of Concern Flagging & Threshold Reporting
- EPCRA Section 302 EH&S List Flagging & Threshold Reporting
- EPCRA Section 313 Toxic Chemicals Subject to Form R Release Flagging & Reporting
* Quantity listed is the maximum allotted for a 3-year contract. Additional Requests & Uploads are available for purchase.
Our comprehensive, cloud-based suite of tools help you understand your chemical footprint, ensure you have an SDS / MSDS for every chemical, and provide easy access to critical safety information for all your employees.
- DHS Chemicals of Interest
- EPCRA Section 302(c)
- EPCRA Section 313
- Internet access
- Internet Explorer 7.0+, Firefox 3.5+ (Mac and Windows), Safari 5.0+ (Mac), Chrome
- Adobe® Reader® 9+
- VGA resolution of 1024x768 or higher recommended
- SDS / MSDS Library Backup requires Windows® XP (SP-3), Vista, 7, 8, or 8.1, 10, Microsoft.NET 4.0 Framework or higher
The MSDSonline platform enables you to attach additional tools to your account for a comprehensive, single sign-in EH&S compliance solution.
- SDS / Chemical Management Mobile App – Access safety data sheets and critical chemical information whenever and wherever you need it, and manage your chemical inventory across locations. Download for free on the App Store® and Google Play™.
- SDS / MSDS Fax-Back & Medical Support – Get immediate fax access to your SDSs / MSDSs. Ideal for remote locations or areas with limited Internet or computer access. Our team of dedicated specialists including nurses, emergency medical technicians, toxicologists, paramedics and pharmacists are on call to provide chemical exposure support.
- Workplace Training – Get integrated access to dozens of affordable online EH&S-related training courses directly through your HQ RegXR Account.