In keeping with the spirit of the season, each year at this time we post a fun list of the top ways to thank EHS and safety professionals for all the hard work they do throughout the year. This year, we decided to mix it up a little and share the 10 WORST Ways to Thank a Safety Professional This Thanksgiving. You can download and print it here.
Stay safe everyone, and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
The 10 WORST Ways to Thanks and EHS Professional This Thanksgiving.
- Don’t tell them about the hazards you encounter; instead, report all your near misses directly to the CEO.
- Hide their clipboard and retractable belt key chain thingy.
- Fill out all of your safety reports, but don’t turn them in until Thanksgiving 2016.
- Use the safety data sheets to make paper airplanes.
- Steal the CPR training dummy so you can drive in the HOV car pool lanes.
- Live Tweet and post to Facebook everything they say during the morning safety talk with the hashtag #safetyfail
- Use their hardhat as a chip bowl in the employee lounge.
- Every couple of weeks, pay EMTs to pull up to the facility in their ambulance with their lights on and knock on the door, asking, “Is everything all right?”
- Two words: Forklift Jousting
- Suffer a serious workplace injury on their watch. That will ruin everybody’s holiday.