News about OSHA and the Gulf Oil Spill were the most popular items in 2010 on the MSDSonline’s Environmental, Health and Safety Blog. Other popular topics included information on National Safety Month, benefits of social networks and questions from the ASSE Conference.
The ten most read blog posts in 2010 in order of popularity are:
- MSDS information for Oil Spill Dispersants Corexit 9500 and Corexit 9527 and Safety Info from EPA, CDC, & OSHA
- OSHA Form 300A – Posting Date Approaching
- OSHA Announces Top 10 Violations of 2010
- OSHA: Oil Spill Cleanup Workers Entitled to PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and Special Training
- June Is National Safety Month!
- Benefits of Social Networking to EH&S, OSHA Compliance, Injury & Illness Recordkeeping and MSDS Management
- OSHA Issues New Cranes and Derricks Rule
- New OSHA Whistleblower Protection Program Website – 5 Steps Employers Should Take
- Budget Cuts Threaten Popular OSHA Program, VPP
- 4 Questions from the ASSE Conference Regarding OSHA and MSDS Management
In related social media news, 2010 marked a turning point for MSDSonline in the use of social media. In addition to increasing the number and variety of blog postings, MSDSonline established footprints on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, SlideShare, YouTube and Flickr and created a new podcast entitled Safety On-Demand.
If you frequent any of the above social media sites, we hope you will connect with us and let us connect with you. In 2011, MSDSonline plans to continue using social media to reach new and greater audiences with even better content.